Who's the geezer? He Aint Exciting!!!-Its Basic Element!



I've loved the Swedish dance-pop band Basic Element for years. Their new album is shockingly good. I will feature them again on DSTP but since as I've just come back from Spain all I can muster is this paltry update. More Swedish interviews/reviews to come..I swear! So who are Basic Element? Well, if you love Infernal you'll love Basic Element. They've been around since 1991 but for me it I've been constantly playing The Truth, their latest release which came out last year. So far its been released only in Poland but I am sure that status will change.




Touch You Right Now is a massive single and if you love Velvet's The Queen/Fix Me or any of those irresistible cheeky tracks by the Star Pilots you'll love the recent album by Basic Element. Could Basic Element make it in the UK? With club success of Agnes Carlsson (she's number 1!) and the stars alligned for a probable highish entry for the Star Pilots, the heady mixture of dance pop and rap of Touch You Right Now just might be the massive summer hit of the year...

5 comments:

FairyTaleBoy said...

Fuck me sideways! This is amazing.

Why are so many Swedish acts releasing their music everywhere BUT sweden?

Anonymous said...

Brilliant track!
If this song doesn't make you want to dance you're either comatose or dead.
The only negative, IMO, is the publicity photo. The ghetto, hip hop outfits really look contrived. It certainly doesn't fit with the style of "Touch You Right Now". But I'm in the U.S. and that may work well in Europe.
Don't know who the geezer is but he's gorgeous!! <- If the singer is who you're referring to.

Poster Girl said...

The "geezer" line is a quotation from the song, no?

"Touch You Right Now" is a GREAT song. Still haven't properly listened to the album yet, but you say the whole thing is good? I'll have to do that.

Robpop said...

The "geezer" bit is indeed from the song. I love it. Such a charming cockney term. In a glorious Swedish ditty of all places.

Touch You Right Now is an amazing song. The album is full of stuff of the same merit and standard. I highly recommend it.

The best track....it constantly changes...but it has to be The Bitch. Why? It is harsh. Way too harsh. Incredibly wrong. But imagine Lucky Twice meets Eminem meets September. So catchy it hurts.

G Spot Unveiled© said...

It's awesome ^_^

Don't you perhaps have any downloading link?

Thanx :)