ELOUISE AND SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE (AMAZING!)


I actually stumbled on Elouise only the other night. Ever since, I've been transfixed by the tracks on her myspace. She has this particular track called Since You've Been Gone (no not a cover) and I think it will be a massive hit come summer. She recalls The Ronettes but don't you put her in the same retro box along with the multitude of Amy Winehouse clones we've had in recent years. She is more bubblegum pop.

When you hear Since You've Been Gone and Set Me Free, it is clear she is more Millie Small (the singer of the glorious song My Boy Lollipop) crossed with a touch of Diana Rigg (Emma Peel of the Avengers) to the general sense of style and direction. Any sniff of the Winehouse or the Duffy drifts away by the arrival the second chorus of Since You've Been Gone. Thankfully. I think this girl could be huge because not only is she ever so fabulous but her pop sensibilities will easily fly on the likes of Radio 2 while also appease the lover's of Alesha Dixon's smash hit single The Boy Does Nothing. In other words, very classy pop indeed & I want an album like, now!


Perhaps the best way of describing this amazing new singer is to suggest she's a bit like Solange Knowels. Only, in my opinion, a bit better. Her music is irresistibly catchy. I love it. I find myself moving around the kitchen evolving into one her backing singers. Information surrounding Elouise is pretty scarce at the moment. I am doing a little digging around and I still haven't quite got the full low down on her. I can't find her on on the usual pop sites which is a bit weird but still I hope to know more asap! This is what I do know: the singer references a mixture of Diana Ross, Dusty and Petula, she's done a few dates in and around London namely the Clapham Grand, Astoria2 and will appear at this years Gay Pride. I think talented songwriter Georgie Dennis is involved too. But naturally I am gonna do some more research before I confirm all this. I think she's unsigned at the mo I am sure this will be the first of many times she'll appear on Dontstopthepop. I think she's amazing. Here is Elouise performing the delightful Since you've Been Gone:



16 comments:

Mike said...

I'm not a huge fan of that whole Duffy/Wino retro sound but Elouise mixes in so many different genres and comes up with something new. I hope she gets an album too!

Anonymous said...

oh my god... she's absolutely fabulous !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

she rules.... woop....yeah!!! woop... yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

really fantastic

Lance said...

She is fantastic!

Very much oh my god.

Anonymous said...

It's great! The song reminds me a bit of the original Gloria Jones version of "Tainted Love".

Anonymous said...

she'll be a "gay icon" legend !!!

Anonymous said...

at the 02,elouise absolutely awesome!so impressed.cant wait for next gig.from ang and brian.

Anonymous said...

Er, Gay icon anyone?! She is great! I want her as my big sister!

Ricardo Reis said...

someone, please, get this lady a record deal. NOW!!!

Myfizzypop said...

amazing. i was a bit dubious at first, but then was completely won over at her myspace page. LOVE HER> !!

D'luv said...

Nice! But where does she keep her cock?

Myfizzypop said...

my blog roll says you have a post about the fabulous Lolene, but i can't find it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Any word on an album???

Robpop said...

Probably early next year :-)